Join Voice Over Mentor Susan Berkley for this 3-Part Webinar and Tele-training to Finally Get the Step-By-Step Help You Need to Set Up Your Home Studio, Edit Voice Files and Record From Home With Confidence
RECORD FROM HOME WITH CONFIDENCE!
From: Voice Over Success Mentor Susan Berkley
To: Voice Over Beginner or Emerging Voice Talent
I'm so excited to see so MANY great voices starting home based voice
over businesses these days. And it doesn't surprise me.
Whether you’re just starting out or want to reactivate a stalled
career, there truly is no better way to enjoy the freedom, fun and flexibility
you crave than having a great home-based business using your voice . It’s
never been easier to get started. (And the money’s pretty nice too!)
But if you’re like many people I talk to, you’ve been talking
and dreaming about doing voice over but you just can’t seem to get things off
the ground. You feel stuck and confused, especially when it comes to
setting up your home studio and recording from home or on the road.
Well trust me, I've been there. In fact, I’ll bet one of the
following things is on your mind right now:
- I'm just starting out. What's square one? How do I begin?
- I'm a complete newbie when it comes to home recording and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed. Where can I get the ABC's of home recording without making a fool of myself?
- How do I set up my home studio without spending a fortune?
- What's the best kind of microphone to get?
- What other equipment will I need?
- What recording software do I need and how do I use it?
- I feel stuck. I invested in all this equipment and now I cant get it to work Can you help?
- I don't have time to really study audio engineering. Can you quickly teach me the basics so I can get started?
- What should I be doing first, second third?
- I cant get organized.! I have no PLAN for setting up my home studio! It seems like I'm spinning my wheels.
Frustrated? You're Not Alone.
If any of this sounds familiar, I'm really glad you found me.
But I want YOU to know it wasn't easy for me when I first began either.
I was living in a tiny 4th floor walk-up apartment in New York City, sleeping on a lumpy pull-out sofa. On weekends I was working all night as a radio DJ on a rock station. During the week I was doing audition after audition for voice over jobs but barely booking anything. Plus, I still had to work 3 lousy "day jobs" just to make ends meet.
I was clueless, but I remember being so excited about having my own voice over business and doing what I always wanted to do. I could be my own boss and set my own hours. I could work whenever and wherever I wanted.
I could do fun, creative work I loved.
In the early years it cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to build a recording studio. Having one at home was simply out of the question.
||I'm Susan Berkley and you may already know me as the voice of AT&T and Citibank. I've been featured on CNBC, ABC News and in the NY Times. I was the behind-the-scenes presentation skills coach on Donald Trump's Apprentice and a cast member on The Howard Stern Show.
Recording sessions and demos were done on reel to reel tape and edited with razor blades. After that we put our demos on audio cassettes (remember those?) and finally CDs.
Soon even CDs will become a thing of the past.
Now everybody makes a digital audio file (MP3) of their demo and streams it from their website or sends it via email. Voice over technology is changing so fast, you must stay ahead of the curve or become as irrelevant as a polyester leisure suit.
Not too long ago voice over sessions and most auditions were recorded by an audio engineer in a professional studio. All you had to do was show up and perform.
Today practically every audition is digitally recorded and edited in the voice talent's home studio and many recording sessions are too.
There's just no way around it.
These days in order to have a successful voice over career you must have (at least) a basic home studio and you must know how to use it and use it well.
Because if the auditions and jobs you record and send from home sound like dirt, if they are scratchy or distorted in any way, if you send anything other than pristine professional quality audio files, your auditions will be trashed before they even get listened to. You wont even have a chance at bat.
I'm sorry to be so harsh but that's just the way it is. But if the thought of setting up your equipment and mastering basic home studio recording and editing skills makes you break out in hives, never fear! Help is on the way.
Introducing my webinar and teletraining.
"Home Studio How To"
This training is for anyone with a great voice looking to start or grow an existing voice over business as quickly as possible.
You'll log into the first two classes on your home or office computer. Simply sit back, relax and follow the easy step-by-step tutorial. Can't make a class? No worries! The webinars and Q&A teleseminar will be recorded and transcribed so you can take the course at your convenience and refer to the resources again and again.
Meet my guest instructor Keenan Gaynor
How to go from clueless to confident when recording your voice from home and on the road
On these two jam-packed content-filled Webinar trainings and live Q&A call, Keenan and I will show you in clear, step by step detail how to become a clued-in master of your own home studio so you can expand your income and enjoy a great life behind the mic.
Here's just a sampling of what you'll discover on these training sessions
Keenan Gaynor is our expert Audio Engineer and Production Manager here at The Great Voice Company. He has recorded and produced thousands of audio projects (in dozens of languages) for our corporate clients. He also manages a large roster of freelance professional voice talent from the USA and abroad, and provides customer service to our wide array of clients. A talented musician with extensive home studio know-how, he has a deep understanding of recording techniques on both PC and MAC platforms.
Webinar session #1
How to know THE BEST equipment and recording software to buy without breaking the bank. You'll be READY and ABLE to record like a pro from home in no time. Having this important information at hand will dramatically make setting up your home studio easier from the start.
- The hottest microphones in voice over today. We'll cover how to find the absolutely perfect mic for your voice-plus some surprising facts about microphone placement that can make or break a recording session, I guarantee it.
- The #1 home recording software mistake most voice talents make and how to avoid it
- Time (and money!) saving tips and shortcuts for getting great sounding audio recorded and out the door…fast!
- Your most valuable home studio asset (Hint: it's not your mic or even your voice!)
- Are you a weenie when it comes to technology? I was, but not anymore. I'll reveal the AMAZING MINDSET SHIFT that allowed me to go from fumbling newbie to clued in and confident in record time
- Frustrated by computers? Technically challenged? You'll love my easy to follow check lists and cheat sheets available only with this training.
- How to set up the ideal recording environment at home without spending a fortune on expensive sound-proofing and construction projects. Plus, I'll throw in my best road-warrior tips for recording great voice over from anywhere (and I do mean anywhere. I've recorded in a Brazilian town so tiny the milk was delivered by horse drawn carriage!)
- BONUS: Already have some home equipment? I'll also throw in a few advanced strategies for leveraging what you already have to give you an almost unfair advantage as you kick your voice over career into high gear
Where to set up your home studio
- Guidelines for choosing the best microphone
- How to pick the right mic for your voice
- Best microphones for male and female voices
- How to test a mic
- Placement and how to get the best sound out of your mic
- All about USB mics: the best of the best
- USB vs standard condenser mics, the best mic preamps and more
- Microphone settings: which to use when?
Recording software clinic
- My favorite cheap tricks for soundproofing in noisy spaces
- Quick and easy solutions for finding the best recording space in your home
Bonus: recording on an iPad: cool tips and tricks
Webinar Session #2
- How to avoid expensive (and confusing!) software mistakes
- The easiest software to use
- How to choose the best software for your home studio
About plug in's and special effects
Sound cards: which one do you need?
Phone patch: your most valuable piece of outboard gear
- Step by step no-brainer instruction on how to edit your sound files
- Basic principles of digital recording
- How to set levels
- How to save files
- How to send files
- About the different file formats
- What is an .ftp site and how and when to use it?
- How to remove flubs, breaths, slurps and other noises from your work
The best monitors and headphones for your home studio
Helpful Tips for recording from the road
Session #3: Q&A call with Keenan and Susan
Plus you'll get these 4 VALUABLE RESOURCES
My handy checklist for flawless home recording
- When and how to use SKYPE as a phone patch
- ISDN and Source Connect: what it is and do you need it?
Our road-tested Troubleshooting Checklist
Guide To Helpful Blogs and Forums
Resource Guide for Audio Equipment
Now that's a lot to cover I know, but I assure you this will all be extremely simple and organized into an easy to follow step-by-step training.
Plus you'll have a chance to get all your questions answered on a live Q&A tele-training call we'll do after the two webinars.
Are You NEW to voice over? Great! This is the PERFECT Time to discover "How Studio How-To's"!
If you're a beginner, you actually have an advantage. You'll save yourself years of trial and error because you have this information now, BEFORE you launch your business. You won't waste time or money on strategies and equipment that just don't work. You will learn from someone who has a PROVEN plan you can model, and the FASTEST and BEST ways to do it right
OR...Have You Been in Voice Over for awhile and need to upgrade your home recording skills? That's Great Too... It's Finally Time You Get a Plan That WORKS, and Work the Plan!
I work with all types of Great Voices who benefit tremendously from my training programs. Some of them have already started their voice over business. And some of them are making the leap to have the career of their dreams.
No matter where you are in your voice over career I guarantee this training will work for you. But don't take my word for it…
Here are just a few of the success stories we've received from people who have participated in my various voice over courses and programs over the past few years...
When you join me on my "Home Studio How To "
Webinar and Tele-training, you'll receive:
So, are you ready for Home Studio How-To?
Listen, I know how scary it can be to start your own voice over business and set up your home studio. I've been there, and I've felt alone and confused about what to do next. I only WISH someone had taken my hand and walked me down the fast track to actually doing this right from the start. It would have saved me so much money, so much stress and taken years off the learning curve.
And I hope you realize what a bargain this is. You could hire an audio engineer and spend hundreds of dollars for just one hour of advice. But why would you, when you can get a simple, proven plan in your hands in an easy-to-follow format for a FRACTION of that price?
It's really a "no brainer" to enroll in Home Studio How To. It's something you can use right now, and a valuable addition to your success library for the future as well. I'm not teaching fads that will come and go. I teach proven strategies that will work for YEARS to come.
And I'm sure you can agree that with such a low investment, Home Studio How To will more than pay for itself many times over!
Let me take YOU by the hand in this webinar and tele-training You too can grow your voice over business without struggle and enjoy a simple home studio plan you can use for the rest of your career.
Sign up for How Studio How To now for just $97.
2 training videos with me, Susan Berkley, and expert audio engineer Keenan Gaynor walking you through my complete system for setting up your home studio and home recording success.
A Q&A CALL on which Keenan and I will answer some of your most commonly asked questions
HANDOUTS AND WORKSHEETS for every call, including my tip sheets and checklists to help you follow along and best retain what you learn
MP3 RECORDINGS of all classes, so you can listen to them over and over on your computer, iPod, or other MP3 player. (And just in case you can't make the webinars and teletrainings LIVE.)
PDF TRANSCRIPTS of all calls, so you can read through them again and again, or quickly look something up
Normally $247- you save $150!!
Your order will be processed on our secure server.
Questions? Call 800-333-8108 x 229 or Info@greatvoice.com
Let me show you the fast track to getting started in a profitable voice over career NOW, with my simple, step-by-step "Home Studio How To" . I guarantee you'll LOVE it!
To your voice over success,
PS: Join me for This 3-Part Webinar and Tele-training to Finally Get the Step-By-Step Help You Need to Set Up Your Home Studio, Edit Voice Files and Record From Home With Confidence.
Questions? Call us in NJ at 201-541-8595 (between 9 am and 5 PM M-F) or email email@example.com
Legal Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to accurately represent our program and its potential. Any claims made of actual earnings or examples of actual results can be verified upon request. The testimonials and examples used are exceptional results, don't apply to the average attendee/purchaser and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual's success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire, and motivation. As with any business endeavor, there is an inherent risk of loss of capital and there is no guarantee that you will earn any money.
Connect with The Great Voice Company!
The Great Voice Company - www.GreatVoice.com
110 Charlotte Place, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Tel: 1.201.541.8595, Toll Free: 1.800.333.8108, Fax: 1.201.541.8608